Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #1

I only participate in one meme (apart from my own feature, Cover of the Week) which is Teaser Tuesday (Which I forgot to do yesterday! Oops!) so I decided I would do Waiting on Wednesday as well, so as to have a bit of variation on my blog. I think this is a brilliant idea, by Jill at Breaking The Spine.


So this week, I'm 'waiting on' Oceans of Blood by Darren Shan. Darren Shan is my most-read and possibly favourite author EVER! Oceans of Blood is the second book in the prequel series to 'The Saga Of Darren Shan, which is 'The Saga of Larten Crepsley. I have read Birth of a Killer (the first book) and really enjoyed, so hopefully this will be good too.

The epic tale of the vampire Larten Crepsley continues. The question is – how far can Larten go… alone?
Free from their mentor Seba Nile, Larten Crepsley and Wester Flack join the Cubs – wild young vampires with little respect for human life, and a taste for mindless enjoyment.
For the Cubs, everything is easy. But nothing has ever been easy for Larten, and soon fate throws his life into another spin. With dark paths to travel, Larten finds himself far from the Vampire Mountain and its rules. A long way from home, sick and alone, he must decide what kind of vampire he will be. Whether he will stand firm, be true to his master and his principles – or whether he will lose himself in blood…


It sounds good, right?! Well, bye! x


P.S. If you have never read anything, I would suggest you stop and think about the way you are living your life. And then afterwards, race down to your nearest bookshop as fast as you can and buy 'Lord Loss' or 'Cirque Du Freak'. Or preferably both. Bye! x

8 comments:

  1. I haven't read anything by Darren Shan, but I'm intrigued by this series. Is it pretty gory? (I have no problem with gore, just curious :D )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you do a lot of memes! I am trying to take part in Weekly Wanted, which is very similar to this. Never read anything by Darren Shan, but I will have to soon! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yeah, I've been meaning to take a look at this! His past intrigues me, and I want to know more! Awesome waiting book.
    And, no, I'm actually British, but I may be on weird time-tables, cause I forget things. A lot. The only thing I ever don't forget is my book. Everything else is expendable! ;)
    And it should be up very soon. I've actually done it, I just need to post it!
    Thanks for your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! This one sounds really good :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Their names are so cool!! Larten Crepsley? That's awesome!! Or are those common names in the UK? Was that a dumb question?
    Great pick though!! This book sounds awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, again! Thanks for all your comments!

    You should read Across the Universe! It was amazing! And thank you! Oops, sorry! the review for Never Bite a Boy on the First Date had already been written by moi, but I just hadn't posted it yet! Does that make more sense? Not that it matters now, seeing as you've already seen the review!! ;)
    Well, the language in Never Bite a Boy on the First Date wasn't that bad normally; I picked the worst part. But it was cute!
    I only read the first few Beast Quest. There seems to be millions of them now. Even I think it's ridiculous! ;)
    Ah, yep, love Hunger Games! (:

    Sorry I waited so long to reply! I've been here-there-and-everywhere this week! Hope you had a good weekend! (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hayley - Darren's Demonata series is pretty gory, but The Saga of Darren Shan and this series aren't.

    Zoe - Definitely do!

    Brittany - It does, doesn't it?

    Jen - No those names aren't common in the UK and Ireland! But that wasn't a dumb question at all : )

    The Book Addicted Girl - I know, I will read Across The Universe soon, the only thing that's putting me off is that the first few chapters sounds really scary! I understand now about the review - thanks! Yeah, I think there's something like 50 or 60 books now! Some of them HAVE to be ghost written! Don't mind about not replying for a while - I've been busy too!

    Thanks everyone for all of your comments : D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to read Birth of a Killer before this comes out - thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :)

This is an award-free zone, sorry but I just don't have the time to pass them on! Thanks for thinking of me anyway :)